Board President: Judy Scott
Vice President: Vacant
Treasurer: Kaye Massie
Secretary: Amber Hoff
PIO: Susan Odette, Jenny Rice
Board Members: Joe Morris, Margie Benson
Guests: Cat Ross Editor and Publisher of Belfair Bugle
Meeting was called to order at 1:25 pm by Judy Scott, with a quorum of the Board present.
Pledge of Allegiance led by: Judy Scott
Secretary's Report: Amber Hoff
* Previous Minutes provided for report.
Motion to approve minutes as amended by: Margie Benson. Motion seconded by: Joe Morris. Yay's 5 Nay's 0
Treasurer's Report: Kaye Massie
* Bills paid in accordance with July, 2020 board meeting approvals. Judy Scott given check for Annual Report and 501-C3. Remaining Account Balance: $818.57
Motion to approve Treasurer's Report by: Joe Morris. Motion seconded by: Margie Benson. Yay's - 5 Nay's 0
PIO's Report: Not in attendance
1. Kaye Massie nominates Amber Hoff as New Board Secretary. Motion seconded by Joe Morris. Yay's 5 Nay's 0 - Motion passed unanimously.
2. Kaye Massie nominates Susan Odette for PIO. Motion seconded by Joe Morris. Yay's 5 Nay's 0. Motion passed unanimously
Don Cady Resigned from Board.
Concerns about Bylaws not being fulfilled. Specifically 2.1 "Creating an organized voice directed to government for issues of common interest for people of North Mason" and 2.1 "Participating with county officials concerning North Mason Issues." It was agreed that board members need to consider what meetings they may be able to attend for NMCV to have a representative at community meetings.
Will be further discussed in next board meeting.
Judy Scott nominates Joe Morris to fill Vacant Vice President position on board.
Motion to accept by: Amber Hoff. Motion seconded by Margie Benson. Yay's 5 Nay's 0. Joe Morris accepted Vice President position. Motion passed unanimously.
Discussion on getting our name and purpose out there more. Susan, Judy, and Amber to meet and discuss Facebook etc.
Ideas for upcoming meeting guests:
1. Rob Elliot, Trails End Crime Watch
2. North Mason Commissioner Candidates debate via Facebook Live or Zoom Meeting.
3. Representative from New Amazon Facility
4. Mason Web TV
5. Look into mining permit issued that was announced in Shelton Journal
Next Meeting Date/Place/Time: Belfair State Park, 09/28/2020, 1:00 pm
Board Meeting Adjourned at 2:55 pm
Respectfully Submitted By: Amber Hoff, Board Secretary. Approved by NMCV Board 9/28/2020.