Board: Lee Swoboda, Bob Harris, Kaye Massie, Linnie Griffin, Joe Morris, Jenny Rice
Directors not present: Judy Scott, Margie Benson
The business meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Vice Chair Bob Harris, with a quorum of the Board present.
The Pledge of Allegiance was said. Afterward, everyone introduced themselves.
Secretary's Report – Joe Morris
* Approval of June 25 meeting minutes.
Kaye moved to approve the minutes, as distributed via email. The motion was seconded and passed unanimously.
Treasurer's Report – Kaye Massie
* All bills are paid and there is $986.73 in the bank account.
Joe moved to approve the Treasurer's report. The motion was seconded and passed unanimously.
* It is time to renew our annual membership with the North Mason Chamber - http://members.northmasonchamber.com/list/member/north-mason-community-voice-1088. The cost is $105. The advantage is that all current members of the NMCV receive the benefits of membership to the North Mason Chamber. There was discussion about whether to renew or not.
Herb Gerhardt moved to renew NMCV’s membership with the North Mason Chamber. The motion was seconded and passed with a majority vote.
* Discussion on whether or not NMCV has a candidates’ forum in September in place of the September 24 meeting, or should NMCV partner with the NM Chamber? No decision made.
* Update on transferring responsibilities from Lee to officers of the Board. Lee says he needs to change the contract with The HUB.
Business meeting adjourned at 7:30.
Guest speaker was Will Tygart of Tygart Media. Wide-ranging discussion of using social media to get NMCV’s message to people. This was Tygart’s first visit to an NMCV meeting and he said it is important for NMCV to define its goals.
Meeting reports/Upcoming meetings/For the Good of the Order
* No County Commission 5th Tuesday meeting this month.
* The gravel pit has been taken off the commissioners’ agenda. There will be no public hearing. The applicants have pulled their application. It isn’t going to happen.
* The sign ordinance was signed by the county commissioners. It is online.
* The conservation area proposal by the Department of Natural Resources will have an official on-the-record meeting Monday, August 6 at 6:30 PM at The HUB.
Next meeting Monday, August 27, 2018. Guest speaker will be Dana Rosenbach, Superintendent, North Mason School District.
Submitted by Joe Morris, Secretary. Approved by NMCV Board 8/27/2018.