Board: Lee Swoboda, Bob Harris, Kaye Massie, Margie Benson, Judy Scott, Linnie Griffin, Joe Morris
Director not present: Jennie Rice
The business meeting was called to order at 7:04 PM by Lee Swoboda, with a quorum of the Board present.
The Pledge of Allegiance was said.
Secretary's Report – Margie Benson
* Approval of May 21 annual meeting minutes.
Kaye moved to approve the minutes, as distributed via email. The motion was seconded and passed unanimously.
Treasurer's Report – Kaye Massie
* All bills are paid and there is $1,046.64 in the bank account.
Judy moved to approve the Treasurer's report. The motion was seconded and passed unanimously.
PIO Report – Judy Scott
* Judy talked to Will Tygart, who produces Mason Minute, about promoting NMCV. Also met with NM School District Superintendent Dana Rosenbach. Discussed mentoring programs for young entrepreneurs and scholarships, thinking of ways to encourage younger participation.
* On Mondays in July and August, someone is renting the meeting room until 6:00 PM. Since NMCV doesn’t occupy the building until 6:30 PM, there shouldn’t be a problem.
Election of Board Officers, 2018-19
In accordance with Sections 3.5 and 4.1 of the Bylaws, the board elected officers to serve a one-year term.
* Nominations were opened for Chair. Kaye nominated Judy Scott. There were no other nominations.
* Nominations were opened for Vice Chair. Kaye nominated Bob Harris. There were no other nominations.
* Nominations were opened for Secretary. Margie nominated Joe Morris. There were no other nominations.
* Nominations were opened for Treasurer. Judy nominated Kaye Massie. There were no other nominations.
* Nominations were opened for Public Information Officer. There were no nominations made, so filling this position will be reconsidered at the next meeting.
Nominations were closed and Lee called for a vote moving to approve the slate of officers by acclamation. The motion was seconded and passed unanimously.
Lee Swoboda handed the gavel to the new Chair, Judy Scott, and turned the meeting over to her.
Discussion of issues affecting NM Community Voice
* Judy said she would continue to function as PIO.
* Tentative schedule for upcoming meetings includes:
-- July, Will Tygart, Mason County Minute
-- August, NM School District Superintendent Dana Rosenbach
-- September, candidates’ forum (co-sponsored with NM Chamber?)
-- October, Belfair Water District commissioner Linnie Griffin
-- November, The ARC executive director, Patti Kleist, plus an auction
* Will also consider inviting the new artist in town, James Kelsey, to speak sometime in the winter. Cat Ross said she would make arrangements.
Transition of responsibilities
* Lee Swoboda will change the responsibility of ownership of the post office box key to Kaye Massie.
* Lee will update the contract with The HUB so Bob Harris will be in charge of the key to The HUB.
* Lee Swoboda will update the agent information for NMCV with the Secretary of State and IRS.
Upcoming meetings/for the good of the order
* Tuesday, June 26, 6:00-7:30 PM: DNR meeting to discuss the planned Dewatto Conservation Area at Belfair library.
* Sunday, July 1: Kickoff fundraiser for the annual Christmas parade at the Bent Bine. This year’s Christmas parade will be Sunday, December 2.
* Friday, July 6, 10:00-11:00 AM: Grand opening of Turning Pointe office at North Mason Resources. They will handle referrals. Donations should still be made at the Shelton facility.
* Saturday, July 7: Tahuya Day parade.
Next meeting Monday, July 23.
Meeting adjourned at 8:17 PM.
Submitted by Joe Morris, Secretary. Approved by NMCV Board 7/23/2018.