Board: Lee Swoboda, Bob Harris, Kaye Massie, Margie Benson, Judy Scott, Linnie Griffin, Ken VanBuskirk, Joe Morris
Directors not present: Jenny Rice
The business meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Lee Swoboda, Chair, with a quorum of the Board present.
The Pledge of Allegiance was said.
Secretary's Report – Margie Benson
* Approval of February 26 meeting minutes.
Judy moved to approve the minutes, as distributed via email. The motion was seconded and passed unanimously.
Treasurer's Report – Kaye Massie
* All bills are paid and there is $1,124.35 in the bank account.
Judy moved to approve the Treasurer's report. The motion was seconded and passed unanimously.
* Reminder to renew yearly membership ($10)
* Annual NMCV meeting is May 21. A Nominating Committee needs to be established for the purpose of electing board members. The following board members' terms expire this year: Bob Harris, Joe Morris, Jenny Rice and Ken VanBuskirk. Judy Scott, Kaye Massie and Mary Swoboda volunteered to serve on the committee.
Business meeting adjourned at 7:05 PM.
Transportation Improvement Project Citizen Advisory Panel (TIP-CAP) community outreach forum to gather public input on county projects, safety issues and general transportation needs in Belfair and Mason County
* Members of TIP-CAP, Phil Wolff, Jack Johnson and Jeff Carey, led the discussion.
* County commissioners Terri Drexler and Randy Neatherlin attended the forum.
* The TIP-CAP members are doing their best to keep the public informed and get their input on annual and 6-year programs. https://www.co.mason.wa.us/ac/tip-cap/
* Revenue is flat and it is harder to do things now due to environmental regulations.
* There is a new name for the Belfair Bypass, Freight Corridor, reflecting the traffic diversion caused by the Amtrak derailment in Dupont, Washington last December.
* Romance Hill is one of the proposed connectors between SR 3 and the Bypass/Corridor.
* Discussion of what to do with Trails Road and its slide tendencies.
* Mason County is a popular destination for road bicycle tourism.
* There were many questions and discussion.
* MasonWebTV recorded the forum, which can be viewed here.
The next NMCV meeting will be April 23. Mendy Harlow, Executive Director of Hood Canal Salmon Enhancement Group, will present a proposal for a multiple benefits restoration project in lower Hood Canal.
Meeting adjourned at 8:40 PM.
Submitted by Margie Benson, Secretary. Approved by NMCV Board 4/23/2018.