Board: Lee Swoboda, Bob Harris, Kaye Massie, Margie Benson, Linnie Griffin, Joe Morris
Directors not present: Judy Scott, Ken VanBuskirk, Jenny Rice
The business meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Lee Swoboda, Chair, with a quorum of the Board present.
The Pledge of Allegiance was said. Afterward, everyone introduced themselves.
Secretary's Report – Margie Benson
* Approval of November 27, 2017 meeting minutes.
Kaye moved to approve the minutes, as distributed via email. The motion was seconded and passed unanimously.
Treasurer's Report – Kaye Massie
* All bills are paid and there is $1,139.15 in the bank account.
Linnie moved to approve the Treasurer's report. The motion was seconded and passed unanimously.
Public Information Officer (PIO) Report - Judy Scott
Judy couldn’t be at the meeting so Lee gave a brief update on the Sargent Oyster House project and passed out a Port of Allyn 2018 community survey, which needs to be submitted or completed online by February 15.
* Reminder to renew membership ($10).
* 2018 contract with The HUB. Lee signed a rental agreement and NMCV does not need to purchase event insurance.
* The 4th Monday meeting in May is on Memorial Day. Mary will make sure the 3rd Monday, May 21, is available, and at the next meeting members will vote on the date change. [UPDATE: The HUB has confirmed the May 21 date.]
* Lee said he has updated the NMCV logo and web site. The web site is now mobile friendly. nmcommunityvoice.org/
Business meeting adjourned at 7:10 PM.
Brainstorming and planning upcoming meetings in 2018
* Port of Allyn comprehensive plan presentation and results of survey Monday, February 26.
* TIP-CAP Community Outreach forum sponsored by NMCV and NM Chamber Monday, March 26.
* NMCV Annual Meeting Monday, May 21 (pending approval of date change by membership).
* Candidates’ forum, possibly partnering with NM Chamber, in September.
* Invite our county commissioner to give an end-of-year, “state of the county” report at the November 26 meeting.
Other Potential Meetings:
* Invite students from the North Mason School District to talk about projects they are working on at the April 23 meeting, or invite one or two students to attend each NMCV meeting. Don Cady volunteered to talk to Superintendent Dana Rosenbach.
* Invite Commissioner of Public Lands, Hilary Franz, to speak at an upcoming Voice meeting. Phil Wolfe said he would work with Judy to contact her.
* Invite PUD 3 to update on their projects.
* Invite WSDOT to update on “Belfair Bypass,” Phase 2, as well as Phase 1 completion.
* Invite parties working on building parks and trails to speak at an upcoming meeting.
Meeting reports/Upcoming meetings/For the Good of the Order
* MCPHD2 meeting 7:00 PM Tuesday, January 23. Their 10-year contract with Harrison expires April 2019. If anyone has opinions about this contract, the commissioners would like to hear from you. Contact information is posted at mcphd2.org/.
* 5th Tuesday Mason County Commissioners’ meeting in Belfair, North Mason School District Administration Building, 250 E Campus Drive, January 30 at 6:00 PM.
* Sheriff’s Advisory meeting 8:30 AM Thursday, February 1 at Spencer Lake Bar & Grill, 1180 E Pickering Road, Shelton.
Next meeting Monday, February 26, 2018.
Meeting adjourned at 7:50 PM.
Submitted by Margie Benson, Secretary. Approved by NMCV Board 2/26/2018.