Board: Lee Swoboda, Bob Harris, Kaye Massie, Margie Benson, Judy Scott, Linnie Griffin, Ken VanBuskirk, Joe Morris
Directors not present: Jenny Rice
The business meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Chair Lee Swoboda, with a quorum of the Board present.
The Pledge of Allegiance was said. Afterward, everyone introduced themselves.
Secretary's Report – Margie Benson
* Approval of August 28 meeting minutes.
Judy moved to approve the minutes, as distributed via email. The motion was seconded and passed unanimously.
Treasurer's Report – Kaye Massie
* All bills are paid and there is $1,068.77 in the bank account.
Judy moved to approve the Treasurer's report. The motion was seconded and passed unanimously.
* Lee submitted the annual report to the Secretary of State, which is due every September.
* Judy volunteered to pursue the possibility of NMCV having a presence in the annual Belfair Christmas parade.
Business meeting adjourned at 7:08 PM.
James Thomas, Chair of the Mason County Planning Commission, spoke about wanting public input on the need to reconvene a citizen advisory committee for the Belfair Urban Growth Area. Opinions can be sent to email@example.com.
Candidates running for election in November were given the opportunity to speak and answer questions from the audience. See MasonWebTV.
Port of Allyn Commissioner District No. 2 (Nonpartisan Office, 6-year term)
* Ted Jackson attended
* Houston M. Hamilton could not attend but a statement was read
North Mason School District School Board Director District No. 2 (Nonpartisan Office, 4-year term)
* Leanna K. Krotzer attended
* Mike Sammons could not attend but a statement was read
Grapeview School District, School Board Director Position No. 5 (Nonpartisan Office, 2-year unexpired term)
* Timothy Gero did not attend
* Casey Breeze attended.
Unopposed candidates who attended the meeting and gave a brief statement:
* Kaye Massie - Mason County Public Hospital District 2 Hospital Commissioner Position No. 4 (Nonpartisan Office, 6-year term)
* Brooke Quigley - North Mason Regional Fire Authority Fire Commissioner Position No. 2 (Nonpartisan Office, 6-year term)
* Linnie Griffin - Belfair Water District Water Commissioner Position No. 3 (Nonpartisan Office, 6-year term)
For the Good of the Order
* Monday, October 2, 6:00 PM. Port of Allyn meeting; budget approval.
* Monday, October 16, 4:00 PM. Cemetery District meeting at QFC upstairs meeting room.
Next meeting Monday, October 23. Roundtable discussion of the history of Mason County’s floral and Christmas tree industry with Don Cady, Herm Nelson and Jay Allen
Meeting adjourned at 8:30 PM.
Submitted by Margie Benson, Secretary. Approved by NMCV Board 10/23/2017.