Board: Lee Swoboda, Kaye Massie, Jack Kimball, Ken VanBuskirk, Linnie Griffin, Valerie McLeod, Bob Harris
Directors not present: Judy Scott, Gerry Morrow, Beau Bakken, Danielle Skeeters-Lindsey
The annual business meeting was called to order at 7:00 by Lee Swoboda, Chair, with a quorum of the Board present.
The Pledge of Allegiance was said. Afterward, everyone introduced themselves.
Secretary's Report – Gerry Morrow
In the absence of the secretary, the Chair asked for approval of the April 28 meeting minutes.
Kaye moved to approve the minutes, as distributed via email. The motion was seconded and passed unanimously.
Treasurer's Report - Jack Kimball
• All bills are paid and there is $1,376.55 in the bank account, with 46 paid members. A 2013 Financial Summary is included with these minutes.
Ken moved to approve the Treasurer's report. The motion was seconded and passed unanimously.
Public Information Officer (PIO) Report – Ken VanBuskirk
Attend school board meetings and see what policy governance has done. It is not working.
Reviewed recommended Bylaws changes, which included both clerical changes and substantive changes, such as:
3.2 Dropping the number of board members to 10. (Yes)
3.5 Increasing the term of office for officers and board members. (No)
4.7 Removing the "past chair" position on the Board. (Yes)
6.2 Allowing Associate members to vote. (No)
7.2 Changing the date of the annual meeting. (Yes)
7.9 Specifying the number that makes a quorum of the board. (Yes)
All changes were discussed by the members present.
Herb Gerhardt moved to adopt the changes to the Bylaws as presented and discussed. The motion was seconded and passed with no dissenting votes.
Nominations for Board
Candidates for the board are Bob Harris (District #2), Jack Kimball (District #4), Ken VanBuskirk (District #3), Betty Drexler (District #5) and Joe Morris (Trails End, District #4).
Nominations were open to members in attendance. No one else volunteered to serve on the board.
Valerie moved to elect by acclamation the slate of candidates. The motion was seconded and passed with no dissenting votes.
The Annual Business meeting adjourned at 7:45 PM.
Meeting reports/Upcoming meetings
* Mason County Public Hospital District #2 is still looking for a board member to replace one who recently died. Interested people can call Wally Volz. (mcphd2.org)
* Mason County Commissioner Terri Jeffreys said a Citizens Task Force has been formed to review resources devoted to Public Safety and Criminal Justice. Currently 57% of the county's budget goes to public safety and criminal justice, and there has been a 9.5% increase over the last 4 years. The task force should have its final report by the end of July.
* Tuesday, May 20: Trails End Water District meeting at 7 PM.
* Saturday, May 24: Theler rummage sale. Kiwanis garage sale.
* Tuesday, May 27: Mason County Public Hospital District #2 meeting at 7 PM.
* Saturday, June 14: Walk the Trail at Theler Center from 9 am to noon.
For the Good of the Order
* Mason Transit has just installed five lights at Hunter Park to light up the area at night. The previously planned fence is on hold.
Next meeting Monday, June 23.
Meeting adjourned at 8:10 PM to engage in socializing, with desserts and a silent auction.
Submitted by Mary Swoboda for Gerry Morrow, Secretary. Approved by NMCV Board 6/23/2014.
NORTH MASON COMMUNITY VOICE
2013 FINANCIAL SUMMARY
Ending Balance 2012 $1,273.81
Ending Balance 2013 $1,198.92
Dues 2013 $410.00
Dues: early 2014 $120.00
Silent Auction:May $222.24
Silent Auction:Nov $332.93
Total Income $1,086.93
Jobes Daughters $100.00
Postage (2012) $61.82
Post Office Box $58.00
*Food Pantry (1) $200.00
*Food Pantry (2) $332.00
Total expenses $1,161.82
2013 TOTAL INCOME $1,086.93
2013 TOTAL EXPENSES $1,161.82