Board: Lee Swoboda, Kaye Massie, Gerry Morrow, Jack Kimball, Linnie Griffin, Bob Harris
Directors not present: Ken VanBuskirk, Judy Scott, Valerie McLeod, Beau Bakken, Danielle Skeeters-Lindsey
The business meeting was called to order at 7:03 PM by Chair, Lee Swoboda, with a quorum of the Board present.
The Pledge of Allegiance was said. Afterward, everyone introduced themselves.
Secretary's Report – Gerry Morrow
• Approval of July 22 meeting minutes.
Kaye moved to approve the minutes, as distributed via email. The motion was seconded and passed unanimously.
Treasurer's Report - Jack Kimball
• All bills are paid and there is $1,455.30 in the bank account.
Linnie moved to approve the Treasurer's report. The motion was seconded and passed unanimously.
Public Information Officer (PIO) Report – Ken VanBuskirk
Due to Ken's commitment to another meeting, there was no PIO report.
Other Board Business
NMCV has received notice to submit an annual report along with a $10 renewal fee to the Secretary of State. Lee will submit report.
Business meeting adjourned at 7:10 PM.
GUEST SPEAKER: Tim Sheldon, 35th Legislative District Senator.
Senator Sheldon gave a brief overview of the last legislative session, commenting that, "Things were very different this year." He talked about the Majority Coalition Caucus, the state budget (both general and transportation) and what it was like being the Senate President Pro Tempore. He also answered questions from the audience on education funding, taxes and trust issues related to the state's department of transportation. In addition, he talked about the Belfair sewer project and its debt issues.
Thanks to Dedrick Allan of MasonWebTV.com, Sheldon's appearance can be viewed here: masonwebtv.com/archives/11007.
Hunter Park was cleaned by volunteers from the North Mason Community Voice on August 3. Some of the folks met and had lunch at Seabeck Pizza afterwards. Everyone paid for their own meals so no bill has been submitted to the Treasurer for reimbursement. Photos may be seen at Community Cleanup, August 3, 2013
It was suggested that a financial review/audit be performed, which is required periodically by the Bylaws. The last one was in 2009. Kaye Massie and Paulette Cady volunteered to work with the Treasurer.
UPDATE: An audit of the Treasurer's books was also completed July 20, 2011.
Meeting reports/Upcoming meetings
* The Mason County Public Hospital District 2 is sponsoring a Community Education Series. On September 26, Dr. Robert Carillo will discuss "What is your gut telling you?" The location will be the North Mason School District Board meeting room, 5-7 PM.
* August 27: Belfair Water District meeting, 6 PM.
* August 27: Mason County Public Hospital District 2 meeting, 7 PM.
* August 29: Belfair Sewer Advisory Committee meeting at the Port of Allyn meeting room, 4 PM.
* August 31-September 1: Highland Celtic Festival at Belfair State Park.
* September 7: Historical walk at Twin Firs Cemetery, 10 AM to Noon.
The next meeting is Monday, September 23.
Meeting adjourned at 8:20 PM.
Submitted by Gerry Morrow, Secretary. Approved by NMCV Board 9/23/2013.