MINUTES

NORTH MASON COMMUNITY VOICE

AUGUST 18, 2008

Meeting called to order at 7:00 P.M. by Lee Swoboda.

Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag followed.

Self introductions followed.

Board of Directors present: Lee Swoboda, Ken VanBuskirk, Kaye Massie, Margie Benson, Jim Clark, Ralph Lartz, Jack Kimball, Randy Neatherlin and Judy Scott.

Absent: Jacquelyn Mastel.

BOARD OF DIRECTORS ACTIONS

The draft minutes of the July 21, 2008 meeting were read. A Motion by Judy Scott and second by Jim Clark was made to accept the minutes as read. The Motion passes unanimous by Voice Vote.

Treasurerís Report:

Jim Clark reports that we $1206.75 in the bank and two bills for room rent to be paid.

A Motion to approve the Treasurerís report as read was made by Judy Scott and second by Ralph Lartz. The Motion passes unanimous by Voice Vote.

The Business meeting was adjourned and we went into General Business and Information meeting.

Ken VanBuskirk gave a talk on the Bremerton Economic Development Study. The object of this group is to prioritize State and Local Transportation Improvements.

They will have a meeting on October 6, 2008 at the Port of Allyn building.

Our main objective is the Belfair By-Pass and to take part in the survey, please go on the Internet to www.wsdot.wa.gov/Projects/BremertonEcon/

Let the State know we want the Belfair By-Pass first. We need the Community to speak with one voice and let the State hear our needs at every meeting we can go to.

The Candidates Forum was a success and much discussion followed on this subject.

The location for the October 14, 2008 Candidates Forum will be at the Theler Center.

It was mentioned we should change this to the High School Theatre like we had last year. This would allow voters to see the Candidates up on the Stage.

Much discussion followed on the management of this Forum and the how to better handle the questions from the audience.

Margie Benson said we need some promotional things to hand out for a Membership Drive.

Mary Swoboda and Margie Benson will look in catalogs for reasonable priced promotional items and report at the next meeting.

NEW BUSINESS

Jim Clark would like us to have the Treasurerís books audited. A Motion to Audit the Books followed and was made by Ray Stutz and second by Judy Scott. The motion passes unanimous by voice vote.

Jack Kimball and Kaye Massie volunteered to do the Audit with Jim Clark present.

UPCOMING MEETINGS

Hospital District #2 will meet at the North Mason School Board meeting room on Tuesday August 26, 2008 at 7:00P.M.

The North Mason School Board will meet in the same place on August 28, 2008 at 7:00 P.M.

The Port of Allyn will meet on September 3, 2008 in the lower Port of Allyn building.

There will be a back to school Barbecue Celebration at the Theler Center on September 20, 2008.

Mary Swoboda reports that the Theler Center is operating in the black without any help from the Theler Trust. The Theler Board of Directors will expand from 5 to 7 members.

Linnie Griffin is going to Jail and needs bail money. The money goes to Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, so please help her out.

Ken VanBuskirk went to a meeting for the Belfair Sewer District and commented on the expansion plans proposed.

A Motion to adjourn was made by Randy Neatherlin and second by Ralph Lartz. Motion passes unanimous by voice vote.

Meeting adjourned at 8:37 P.M.

Submitted by Bruce Jackson. Approved by NMCV Board 9/15/2008.