Encourage free and open dialog between citizens of North Mason and our local and state governments on issues of community concern.
North Mason News
July 26 meeting to determine NMCV's fate – ATTENTION PLEASE! Your voice, your North Mason community information center, the North Mason Community Voice will come to an end if you don't attend this meeting Monday, July 26 at 6 PM at The Hub, 111 Old Belfair Hwy. NMCV is the organization that brought speakers from candidate forums, Belfair bypass, freight corridor, Department of Transportation roads, Mason Transit Authority, North Mason Fire Authority, Hospital District 2, state and county representatives, port commissioners, sheriff dept, NM school district and pressing community matters as they arose. This will come to an end if the community chooses not to support NMCV.
June 28 Board Meeting – A few people met Monday, June 28th at 7 PM to discuss the future of NMCV. Weather unbearably hot so no decisions were made.
March 22 board meeting – 12:00 pm at the Burger Claim Restaurant in Belfair.
February 22 Meeting – The North Mason Community Voice met Monday, February 22 at 7 PM at The HUB to discuss and determine the future of NMCV.
NO MEETING IN DECEMBER – See you next year!
NO MEETING IN NOVEMBER –
October 26 Meeting – Guest Speaker via Zoom was Carla Weaver, WA Department of Licensing.
September 28 Meeting – Minutes posted.
August 24 Meeting – Minutes posted.
July 27 Board Meeting in the Park – Minutes posted. Short board meeting at Belfair State Park.
June 22 Meeting – Meeting cancelled.
May 25 Meeting – Meeting cancelled.
April 27 Meeting – Minutes posted.
March 23 Meeting – Meeting cancelled.
February 24 Meeting
– Minutes posted. Guest speaker was Jim Rothlin, Chief Executive Officer for the Port of Bremerton. Watch here.
January 27 Meeting – Minutes posted. Stephanie Rowland of the North Mason Chamber of Commerce was our guest speaker.
NO MEETING IN DECEMBER –
November 25 Meeting
– Dana Rosenbach, Superintendent of the North Mason School District, was the guest speaker. Watch here.
October 28 Meeting – Matthew Melendez, General Director of the Great Bend Center for Music was the guest speaker.
September 23 Meeting – Minutes posted. Guest speakers were 35th District State Representatives Dan Griffey and Drew MacEwen.
August 26 Meeting – Minutes posted. Guest speaker was Mason County Commissioner Sharon Trask (District 3)
June 24 Meeting – Minutes posted. Linnie Griffin and others talked about local history.
May 27 Meeting
– Minutes posted. Annual Meeting. Kim Rinehardt, Program Director of HOST
(Housing Options for Students in Transition) discussed the HOST program, a community-based housing match program that offers support to youth (ages 16-21) in pursuing educational goals while creating supportive transitional housing opportunities.
April 22 Meeting
– Minutes posted.The North Mason Community Voice hosted the Washington State Department of Transportation. WSDOT updated attendees on the renamed SR 3 Freight Corridor,
which will add 6 miles of new highway while maintaining the existing state highway through Belfair as a business loop.
March 25 Meeting – Minutes posted. Speaker from Mason County Community Services discussed the impact in Mason County from the Opioid Epidemic. We experienced an overdose death rate that was one of the most devastating in the state between 2012-2016. The grants Mason County has received and projects we are currently working on are allowing us an opportunity to fight back in a way that is tailored specifically to what our county needs.
February 25 Meeting – Minutes posted. Our speaker for February 25th meeting was Matthew Melendez with the Great Bend Center for Music.
January 28 2019 Meeting – Minutes posted. North Mason Fire Authority Fire Chief Beau Bakken was the guest speaker, discussing a capital facilities plan that ensures the Authority's facilities and equipment meet the fire and emergency service needs of the rapidly growing North Mason Community.
November 26 Meeting – Minutes posted. Commissioner Randy Neatherlin spoke about the election results and some of the issues facing us.
October 22 Meeting – Minutes posted. Roundtable discussion of public water systems, taxation, regulation and legislation.
August 2018 Meeting – Minutes posted. North Mason School Superintendent, Dana Rosenbach provided update and answered questions.
July 2018 Meeting – Minutes posted.
June 2018 Meeting – Minutes posted. Election of officers of the board. Discussion of issues affecting NM Community Voice and transition of responsibilities.
May 2018 Annual Meeting – Minutes posted. Election of board. Reflections on 13 years of serving the community.
April 2018 Meeting – Minutes posted. Mendy Harlow, Executive Director of Hood Canal Salmon Enhancement Group, discussed a proposal for a multiple benefits restoration project in lower Hood Canal.
March 2018 Meeting
– Minutes posted. The North Mason Community Voice and North Mason Chamber of Commerce hosted a Transportation Improvement Project Citizen Advisory Panel (TIP-CAP) community outreach forum to gather public input on county projects, safety issues and general transportation needs in Belfair and Mason County. MasonWebTV recorded it. Watch here: http://masonwebtv.com/archives/29870#more-29870
February 2018 Meeting – Minutes posted. Port of Allyn comprehensive scheme of harbor improvements presentation and results of recent survey.
November 2017 Meeting
– Minutes posted. The meeting featured Tara Jackson, Prevention Education Advocate at Turning Pointe Survivor Advocacy Center
, who discussed Turning Pointe's services and domestic violence as well as sexual assault.
October 2017 Meeting
– Minutes posted. Local residents Don Cady, Herm Nelson and Jay Allen discussed the history of the forest products industry in Mason County. click to play MP3
August 2017 Meeting
– Minutes posted. Thera Black of SCJ Alliance Consulting Services discussed the current study of a County-wide transportation mobility plan. BelfairMobility.org
July 2017 Meeting
– Minutes posted. Pastor Joaquin Miguel of the Iglesia Agua Viva Church
(Church of Living Water) talked about the formation of the church and its influence on the large (approximately 5000) Guatemalan population in the North Mason area.
|Mail PO Box 2992, Belfair WA 98528|